WBJEE 2019: West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by the WBJEEB is a state-level qualifying exam taken every year. WBJEE 2019 is scheduled to be held in the month of April 2019.
Every year, more than 1.27 lakhs (approx.) aspirants apply for the examination where more than 30000 seats were filled by the candidates into more than 110 different colleges accepting Wbjee Score.
Through this examination, candidates get admission into various UG Engineering and Pharmacy programs offered by the government colleges, Self Financing Engineering & Technological Institutes and other private institutes across the state.
Candidates who have passed their plus 2 (12th) or equivalent examinations can fill up the Wbjee 2019 application form and get the opportunity for the admission to various UG and PG level courses through e–Counselling. Usually, WBJEE application process will start at the end of December 2019.
Wbjee 2019: Important Dates and Overview
|Name of Examination||WBJEE or W.B Joint Entrance Examination|
|Conducting Authority||WBJEE Board (WBJEEB)|
|Examination Date||April 22, 2019|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Type of Exam||State Level Undergraduate Entrance Exam|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|No. of Seats Available||34125|
|Exam Duration||150 minutes|
|Language||Hindi, English, Bengali|
|Exam Purpose||Admission to engineering colleges in W.B|
|Courses Offered||B.Tech Engineering, Architecture, B.Pharmacy|
|Helpdesk||(033) 2367 1159/ 1198|
|WBJEE 2019 Exam Notification||November 20, 2018|
|Starting of WBJEE 2019 Application Form||December 19, 2018|
|Last Date of Online Application||3rd week of January 2019|
|WBJEE 2019 Form Correction||Up to January 26 – 28, 2019|
|WBJEE Admit card||April 10, 2019 (Check Here)|
|WBJEE 2019 Exam date||April 22, 2019|
|Declaration of WBJEE 2019 Result||May 23, 2019|
WBJEE 2019 Application Form
Wbjee Application form will be available from 19th December 2018 to 19th January 2019. The application for WBJEE 2019 has to be filled online only.
Candidates who are interested in Wbjee 2019 can apply the application by following the below steps:
How to Fill WBJEE Application Form
Candidates need the visit the official website of Wbjee.
- Register yourself with a valid mobile number and email id.
Fill the form with following details like Name, Father’s name, Mother’s name, Gender, Date of Birth (cannot be modified later)
- Then candidates are required to upload thier recent scanned copy of photograph and signature as per the dimensions mentioned by WBJEEB for online application.
- After filling up the form, pay the application fee i.e, 500 + bank’s service charges which can be deposited either by Debit Card/ Net Banking/ Credit Card or in cash offline by generating Allahabad Bank e-challan.
- After the successful payment download the confirmation page till 24th January 2019 full future reference. (it is recommended to download the page immediately)
Wbjee Form Correction
Candidates who have mistakenly entered wrong details/want to modify the details can make changes in this correction window which is open upto January 26 – 28, 2019
Just log in with your Application Number and Password to access the online application form and make the changes as per your requirements (Note: Details such as name, mother’s name, father’s name, gender and date of birth can be modified)
WBJEE Eligibility Criteria 2019
In order to apply for the entrance exam, there are certain eligibility criteria that every candidate should follow or government participating institutes in case of claiming reserved category seats.
- Candidates need to secure a minimum of 45% in 10+2 qualifying examination (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category).
- Must have passed the ‘10+2’ examination with Physics and Mathematics along with any one of Chemistry / Biology / Biotechnology / Computer Science / Computer Application as compulsory subjects with individual pass marks (in both practical and theory wherever applicable) in all the three subjects.
- Must have passed English in the ‘10+2’ examination with at least 30% marks
- Qualifying exam board must be recognized by the Central Government or State Government of India.
Note: WBJEE-2019 shall not be made eligible for allotment of the seat for admission if he/she appearing for the 10+2 examination in 2019 and does not pass the Qualifying Examination with the required minimum standard of eligibility criteria as stated above.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for WBJEE 2019.
- The lower age limit is 17 years as on December 31, 2019.
- A candidate born on or after January 1, 2000, is not eligible to appear in the WBJEE 2019.
- For admission in Marine Engineering Course, the upper age limit is 25 years
- There are certain institutes who have outlined additional criteria for admitting candidates to specific courses.
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2019
Wbjee 2019 is a 2 paper examination with Paper 1 of mathematics and Paper 2 Physics and Chemistry. The questions will be in the Multiple Choices (MCQ) pattern with 4 options for each question.
- Mode of Exam: Offline (OMR Sheet)
- Types of Questions: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
- Total Marks: 200 Marks (Paper1+Paper 2) (100+100)
- Total Number of Questions: 155
- Answering Mode: Darkening the circles in the OMR Sheet with black/blue ball point pen only.
Wbjee Admit Card 2019
WBJEEB will release the WBJEE 2019 admit card on the month of April, maybe 10, 2019. Candidates who have successfully filled their application form and provisionally accepted by WBJEE Board will be issued an Admit card which candidates can download from the official website of the board by submitting their registered credentials.
In WBJEE 2019 admit card candidates can see their name, venue of exam center, signature & photograph, exam date and time, etc.
Aspirants must carry the following documents along with their admit cards to the WBJEE test centers. Failing to bring the admit card will not be allowed to enter the examination hall. WBJEE admit card is the main proof that a candidate has registered and is eligible to appear for the WBJEE 2019 exam.
WBJEE Syllabus 2019
As per the syllabus questions will be asked on the paper. MCQs in WBJEE will be set based on WBJEE Syllabus of Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics syllabus. Wbjee Syllabus is very similar to class 12.
To score good marks in exam, Syllabus is the most important thing that every candidate must follow. Click on the button below to get a clear idea about the topics involved in the WBJEE question paper.
In order to excel the exam, candidates must go through these books and practice the problems on a regular basis so that on the exam day they can answer the questions freely and score good marks. Check the best books to crack Wbjee 2019.
WBJEE 2019 Result
WBJEE Result will be officially declared by WBJEEB on May 23, 2019. Based on the performance in WBJEE 2019 exam Merit List will be prepared by WBJEEB. In the form of Scorecard/Rank card candidates can see their score. Candidates can view the result by login into the website on the given date and time using Application Number and Password. On their rank card candidates can see both General Merit List Rank and Pharmacy Merit List Rank.
- GMR or General Merit List is used for the admission to Engineering/Architecture courses and Pharmacy course in Jadavpur University and other government colleges.
- PMR or Pharmacy Merit List is used for all Pharmacy courses except in Jadavpur University.
Scorecard/Rank card must be produced at the time of counseling prescribed by the board and seat allotment process.
Wbjee Slot Booking 2019
To book their slots, the candidates need to visit the official site of WBJEE and register themselves separately by paying a registration fee of Rs.500/-. After the successful registration candidates will be given a chance to fill their choices for counseling centers and lock them.
Then on the official website, seat allotment results will be declared and candidates will have to report for the verification of their documents and provisional admission. Read the full procedure.
WBJEE Cutoff 2019
Every year, WBJEE Cut off is officially released by the WBJEEB in the month of May/June. WBJEE cut off score will be announced after the announcement of result. Each participating college of WBJEE will release the cut off lists separately their for different courses.
WBJEE Counselling 2019
WBJEE e-counselling is a three round process. WBJEE 2019 online counselling process will start from the month of June 2019. The counseling is conducted for the process of seat allotment and document verification. Only those candidates who have successfully cleared the cutoff and have their names mentioned in the merit list released by the authorities will be allowed to appear for the counseling and seat allotment process.
Wbjee Colleges Accepting Wbjee 2019 Score
Candidates will have the choices at the time of WBJEE Counselling 2019 from the available colleges/courses
seat allotment based on the performance in WBJEE 2019. There are approximately 104 WBJEE 2019 Participating Institutes for the academic year 2019-2020 that offer to admission to eligible students.
The participating institutes are divided into :
- Government Colleges
- Private Universities (Self-financed)
- Private Colleges (Self-financed)
- Minority Institutes