JEE Main Exam Pattern 2018 – Various details such as the type of questions put up in the question paper, the marking scheme, duration of exam etc. are shown by the exam pattern. The candidates must first be aware of the exam pattern before they start preparing for the exam For the candidates who will be appearing for the JEE Main exam in 2018. Read more about the JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern below.
All such details about the same have been given in the sections below.
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
It shows all the basic and internal details about the exam and the question paper. Including the marking scheme, the exam pattern also depicts other aspects of the question paper such as the time duration allowed, the number of questions asked, and the maximum marks of the paper.
The JEE Main Paper-1 i.e. for B. Tech. and B.E. will be conducted in two modes. The candidate can choose any one of the two modes i.e. the online mode (Computer Based Test) and Pen and Paper mode.
- In Paper-1, all questions will be objective type questions.
- For Paper-1, the candidates will be required to attempt a total of 90 questions where 30 questions will be from Physics, 30 will be from Chemistry and 30 questions will be from the Maths subject.
- B. Planning and B.Arch. will be conducted in the Pen and Paper mode only i.e The JEE Main Paper-2.
- In Paper-2, apart from the drawing test, all others will be objective type questions.
- For Paper-2, questions from Maths, aptitude and drawing will be put up.
- According to the latest JEE Main 2017 Exam Pattern, the total marks of the Paper-1 will be 360 marks.
- 4 marks will be awarded for each correct answer. Total 1/4th marks will be deducted for every wrong answer. Negative marking will be applicable.
- The medium of exam paper can be chosen and is available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati and Urdu depending upon the locations.
- The total time allotted to solve the paper will be 3 hours only.
Click here for the Books that will help to achieve your goal.